Friday, January 13, 2012

Activities on a Budget

Happy Friday from our family to yours. I apologize for missing from the blog front, I was feeling a bit under the weather. Alhumdulillah, I am starting to get back into a routine.

 
My little helper Mashalalh! 

If you want to give your toddler something to keep him/her busy this is the activity to try!

What you need: 
A step stool
A safe plastic container or play kitchen set to wash
A sponge 
Apron or Old shirt to wear
Washcloth or towel to dry 

Fill up the sink with water about half way and let your little one explore. Mashallah my little guy jumped right in. He knew exactly what to do! He has been observing me with the dishes daily and was imitating me. This is a simple activity to teach muscle coordination and give children a sense of achievement in doing household chores. The best part was that afterwards when I was cleaning up some spilled water my little guy wanted to help.


Sorting buttons

What you need:
Buttons in different colors and sizes
A dish or container for sorting

(Mix up all the buttons in one container. When I left him with the buttons for imaginative play, interestingly he naturally sorted thru them).

Show your little one how to sort colors in individual containers. We had a separate container for each color. Zakariya sorted thru the buttons and would identity each container as only llelow (yellow), only red, only balue (blue). You can change up this activity by counting the buttons, separating by size or adding different colors to the mix. Your child will be able to identify if buttons have been misplaced and then he might say "No Mama that one only llelow one."
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...